I clipped this recipe from a magazine, in the hopes of trying it with my teen. She took one look, and said “mom, can we use slightly different ingredients?” This is what happens, when you get two mujeres in the kitchen. When we make our variation, I’ll post an update.
For now, here’s a healthy recipe from Maria Menounos’ mom, Stavroula (magazine name and issue date missing).
- 1 can (15 oz) white navy beans, drained and rinsed
- 3/4 cup dried bread crumbs
- 1/2 chopped onions
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
Heat lightly greased grill. In food processor, combine all ingredients. Pulse 5 times. Divide mixture into 4 patties. Place patties on grill; grill 4 minutes, turning once. Place on buns, if desired. **** 223 calories, 8 grams of fat, per patty****