At our home cooking is fun and cleanup .. not so much. So when MsLatina created Sabroso Saturday I started looking for quick recipes with simple ingredients and directions. Daily meal time should be a chance to catch up with the family you live with. Parties are a treat, where you can show off favorite recipes and share stories with the people you love. Getting stuck in the kitchen would be the total opposite!
This drink is easy to prep and make. The recipe comes from DOLE, and incorporates several different fruits. Kids of every age can help pick up the ingredients while shopping, and assemble it.
I think mom or dad can peel and slice the fresh fruits, while kids work with the frozen fruits or fruit drinks. To sneak fruits into kids’ routines, use a pitcher with a wide pouring spout, so that there are chunks in every serving. If you want to be fair and make sure every serving gets every fruit (he got more peaches, she got more bananas), pop the fruits in the blender with soda and then add the other ingredients. My teen even suggested freezing the fruit punch before or after pureeing, to make pops.
- 1 carton (64-ounce) pineapple-orange-banana blend juice
- 1 bottle (32-ounce) lemon-lime soda
- 1 can (6-ounce) frozen limeade concentrate, thawed
- 1 package (16-ounce) frozen peaches
- 1 package (12-ounce) frozen raspberries
- 2 firm, medium bananas, peeled and sliced
- 2 oranges, peeled and sliced
- Combine all ingredients in a punch bowl.
Servings per Recipe: 28
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Prep Time: 20 minutesNutritional Details Per Serving: 102 calories 24 grams carbohydrates 1 gram protein 10 milligrams sodium trace fat no cholesterol