We had company tonight. While the adults sipped their coffee, I made this chocolate espresso pudding recipe. My daughter and her friends were on the other side of the kitchen, peeling and chopping fruits. Each of them decorated their bowls, while I stirred the pudding.
Some of you may already know these interesting nutritional facts about chocolate milk. Make sure you know how good chocolate milk can be.
Flavored milk contains the same nine essential nutrients as white milk and is a healthful alternative to soft drinks.
Milk drinkers, in general, consume more calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, potassium and vitamin A than non-milk drinkers.
Flavored milk drinkers have lower intakes of soft drinks compared to those who do not drink flavored milk.
My teen is now fascinated by the process of how one or two different ingredients make her favorite chocolate milk into a new experience. You can find more recipes at www.eligeleche.com, follow BigoteDeLeche on Twitter, and become an insider on the Bigote De Leche Facebook page. And of course, remember to check in with MsLatina at Latina On A Mission, for links to more SabrosoSaturday recipes!
Homemade Chocolate Espresso Pudding
Makes 4 (1 cup) servings
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups low fat chocolate milk low in fat
- 3 tbsp of cornstarch
- 2 tsp of cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp instant espresso coffee
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- Fresh fruit for decoration
- Dissolve the cornstarch, coffee and cacao in ½ cup of cold low fat chocolate milk and set aside.
- Dissolve the eggs in ¼ cup of the low fat chocolate milk and set aside.
- Add both mixtures to the rest of the low fat chocolate milk and bring it to boil, stirring constantly. Add the rest of the ingredients and let it cool.
- Serve the pudding in martini glasses and decorate with fresh fruit.
271 calories; 5.3 g fat; 2.5 g saturated fat; 11.8 g protein; 45 g carbohydrate; 317 mg calcium
Disclosure: This is a paid post created in collaboration with Latina On a Mission and Milk Processors Education Program (MilkPEP). All opinions expressed herein are solely my own.