I’m tired of snow. Don’t get me wrong, it’s beautiful when we can watch from the safety and comfort of indoors. What I dislike is having to walk, travel, balance packages or even groceries in these mountains of fluffy slushy mess. So for this week’s Sabroso Saturday we tried making something convenient.
Our experiment didn’t turn out well (we had very few pictures, and only one “final step” photo which turned out blurry) so I found this alternate recipe to share with you all. I showed it to my teen and she approved. I’ll be doing smallish shopping trips, to bring home frozen vegetables and the other ingredients. Then, with a well-stocked kitchen and freezer, we can make this SOON.
Here is Campbell’s Kitchen’s Two-Step Inside-Out Chicken Pot Pie.
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (about 1 pound), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell’s® Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup (Regular or 98% Fat Free)
- 1 bag (16 ounces) frozen vegetable combination (broccoli, cauliflower, carrots)
- 8 hot biscuits, split
- Cook the chicken in a 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until well browned, stirring often.
- Stir the soup and vegetables in the skillet. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Serve the chicken and sauce over the biscuits.
Realistically, there is another step involved in this recipe: set up the biscuits (I’m inclined to bake them from a tube, while the main recipe cooks on the stove).
Remember to check in with Latina on a Mission and check all the other yummy Sabroso Saturday recipes! Que rico!!
- Prep: 10 minutes
- Cook: 15 minutes
- Makes: 4 servings (about 1 cup each)
Nutrition per Serving
- Calories: 647
- Fat: 27g
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 39g
- Sodium: 1779mg