This page isn’t about me or my teen (check our bios page for that), We’re trying to share tips and tricks, that most people didn’t think of. I plan to update frequently, no promises made as to how often something will be added or removed.
Here’s my advice:
- Have standards. If you settle for 85%, someone will try to offer 75%. Aim for 120% of what you want.
- Be nice. In a doorman building, say hello and goodbye. In a restaurant, chat with the servers. You get the idea.
- Look out for dog owners. In my experience, dog owners know all the best shortcuts from point A to point B.
- Speak up for yourself. Speak up for those who have no voice. Make sure people know how you feel.
- Borax does wonders for laundry stains. Buy a large container, add two tablespoons for a regular size load of laundry. For stubborn grass, chocolate or blood stains, cover the stain with water, add borax and let it soak before washing.
- Baking soda works for carpet odors and as a scouring powder. Sprinkle on carpet before vacuuming. For pots, sprinkle on sponge in addition to dishwashing detergent.
- Love does not mean surrendering to an invasion. You shouldn’t have to sacrifice yourself, to be in a relationship.
- Whenever something ends, take a moment to reflect and learn from the experience.
- Overlapping relationships are uncool. Give yourself time to recover before jumping into something new.
- When you find a restaurant you like, bring your friends. Folks in charge see you as a source for future business, you get VIP treatment any time you stop in, and your friends will be impressed at the service.
- During summer heat waves, put your jewelry in the freezer. Very refreshing when you dress up for an occasion.
If you have any tips to add, or questions, leave a comment below and get the discussion started.