Contest Guidelines (Updated May 19, 2011)
Occasionally, OfeliaNJ will host giveaways and contests (below these are called “drawings”). Rules, deadlines and other specifics may vary. Please check details of the drawing before entering, as those will override any contradictions within these guidelines.
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER.
- “You” refers to any potential entrant in a drawing at OfeliaNJ.
- Entries will be accepted from United States residents who are 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry.
- If you reside in a jurisdiction that prohibits drawings of the type being conducted by OfeliaNJ, it is your responsibility to abide by those regulations.
- Entries will be accepted until 11:59 pm Eastern Time of the last day of the entry period.
- OfeliaNJ is not responsible for incomplete, illegible, garbled or late entries.
- Entries will consist of comments directly below the post that announces the drawing.
- By entering a drawing on OfeliaNJ, you agree to be bound by these rules. Since there are no entry fees or purchase requirements to enter a drawing, you will have no claim for damages in connection with entering a drawing. If you win, your first name will be posted as the winner. Even if you do not win, any comments you make about the prize, before or after winning a drawing, may be used by me or any of the vendors or sponsors associated with the drawing. Your only possible compensation will be the prize.
- When other websites or means of publication are used to advise potential entrants of drawings, the function of such other websites or means of publication is limited to communication, not endorsement, fulfillment or hosting of the drawing.
- Some drawings may involve posting updates on Twitter (“tweeting”) for extra entries. If notification of a tweet is part of a drawing, you must post a link to your tweet. To post a link to your tweet, you should go to your profile, then find the individual twitter page for that tweet. Do this by clicking on the words under your tweet that give the date and time of the tweet, something like “17 May”. That should take you to your tweet’s individual page, which will look something like:
When you copy and paste the link in a new comment, THAT is your entry in the drawing.
- Winner will be selected from all eligible entries, through random number selection. Odds of winning depend on eligible entries received.
- Winner will be notified via NEW post on www.OfeliaNJ.com after selection. Winner must claim prize, and provide shipping or delivery instructions, within five (5) days of announcement. If prize is unclaimed within five (5) days, or specific eligibility requirements are not met, another winner will be randomly selected from remaining eligible entries.
- Winner may be required to provide evidence of identity in connection with claiming prize.
- Income taxes or other taxes, if any, on the value of prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. If you win a drawing, you will need to comply with United States IRS tax requirements, as well as city or state tax requirements if applicable.
- No substitution of prize for cash or alternate merchandise, except by OfeliaNJ or official sponsor. In that case, a prize of greater or equal value will be substituted. Prize is not transferable.
- OfeliaNJ reserves the right to disqualify you if you tamper with the entry process, or with the operation of the drawing, or otherwise violate any of these official rules. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage or undermine the legitimate operation of the drawing may be in violation of criminal and civil laws, and will result in your disqualification. If such an attempt is made, OfeliaNJ reserves the right to seek remedies and damages -including attorney fees- from any individual participating in that attempt (even if that person is not entered in the drawing), including criminal prosecution.
- In the event of technical impairment, such as computer virus, or if the drawing otherwise cannot be conducted as planned, the drawing may be modified, rescheduled, suspended or terminated. If a drawing is modified, rescheduled, suspended or terminated, you have no claim for damages.
- Any drawing on OfeliaNJ will be governed by the internal laws of the state of New Jersey, United States, without regard to or application of its conflicts of laws rules. The exclusive venue and jurisdiction for any action arising out of or relating to this drawing shall be in a state or federal court of competent jurisdiction situated in New Jersey.
Questions, comments or feedback in connection with any drawing at OfeliaNJ, can be submitted via comment. Click the “contact” tab, on the left of your screen when reading any page of www.OfeliaNJ.com on your browser.
Terms of Usage (upated July 22, 2011)
By submitting a comment, you agree to be bound by these terms.
OfeliaNJ is a family-friendly blog. Our posts will use family-friendly, G-rated language.
- Comments should also be G-rated.
- Personal attacks will not be tolerated.
- Debate and discussion, not rant and rave.
- Comments will be approved before publishing.
- Profanity, obscenity or offensive language will not be tolerated.
- Comments may be edited for spelling and grammar ONLY (to, too, two).
- Comments submitted as entries for drawings may be shared with drawing sponsors or vendors.
- If you disagree with something, please explain why. Use civilized words. Example, when Lesli was 8 she said she didn’t like seafood or mushrooms. Now in her teens she says the texture is unappealing. I think that sounds much more mature and “growed-up”.